Celebrating Earth Day & Sustainable Events
At Live Nation Special Events, we take pride in setting the bar for producing sustainable and responsible events. We believe in taking steps to not only minimize negative impacts but also create a positive legacy in everything we do. By considering the needs and values of every stakeholder touched by our events, we work together towards a better future.
So this Earth Day, we invite you to join us and take a closer look at some of our green efforts. Let's learn together about how we can make a difference in our communities and inspire positive change for our planet. We can't wait to celebrate this special day with you!
Live Nation’s Green Nation Initiatives
Since its launch, Green Nation has been working with venues & festivals across the globe to share best practices and develop action plans for a healthier and greener music industry!
Together we are working to set the standard in sustainability for events, establishing environmental goals for all Live Nation venues and festivals, such as:
- Phasing out the sale of single-use plastics
- A 50% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030
- Offices, venues, and events to be zero waste to landfill by 2030
Sustainable Venues Spotlight
As the global leader in live events, Live Nation has our 150+ venues nationwide working on sustainable initiatives focused on environmental goals creating a greener live event industry.
PNC Music Pavillion in Charlotte has a team of zero waste managers who make sustainability a priority every day. This open-air amphitheater and lawn has a robust recycling program, water refill stations, no plastic straws and provides food and beverage in recyclable or compostable containers. With a capacity of 18,000 guests, this legendary venue has achieved zero waste - with 90% of all waste diverted from landfills!
FPL Solar Amphitheater at Bayfront Park’s "Green Makeover" is complete! The initiative called for FPL to install more than 500 solar panels to sustainably power all events at the Miami venue. This effort is expected to generate more power than is typically needed for the average concert. The unique and flexible venue will also double as a research hub to test cutting-edge solar technology innovation that produces energy from both sides of the panels. Featuring flexible event spaces and accommodating up to 8,500 guests, the venue’s new LED lights have also replaced the venue’s previous canopy structure and will light up the walkway in a range of colors.
Get Involved with Earth Day
Participating in Earth Day can be as ambitious as starting new programs to improve your community or as simple as educating yourself through videos, books and podcasts. Every effort makes a difference! Here is a list of ideas for how you can get involved.
- Biggest Little Farm: A documentary that chronicles John and Molly Chester as they trade city living for 200 acres of barren farmland.
- Chasing Coral: A team of divers, photographers and scientists set out on a thrilling ocean adventure.
- Tomorrow: A documentary focusing on the people’s solutions and actions to climate change.
- Our Planet: TV Documentary series focusing on the breadth of the diversity of habitats around the world.
- Plastic Wars: FRONTLINE and NPR investigate the fight over the future of plastics.
- "The End of Trash: Can we save the planet by reusing all the stuff we make?"
- The Uninhabitable Earth by David Wallace-Wells
- The Future We Choose by Christiana Figueres and Tom Rivett-Carnac
- If We Were Giants by Dave Matthews
- Take the 30 day Earth Day Challenge
- Switch your browser to Ecosia for a day; for every search you conduct, Ecosia plants trees
- Support your local farmers, sign up for Community Supported Agriculture
- Take these steps to make your neighborhood greener
At Live Nation Special Events, we are dedicated to educating, enabling, and encouraging sustainable practices. Our team of professional event planners are ready to help you bring your private event to life with a green and sustainable vision. Book a sustainable event with us today and let's work together towards a brighter future for our planet!